19th Annual Duke-UNC Rotary Peace Conference
Speaker: Seven Graduating Rotary Peace Fellows
Date: April 9, 2022
Address: Global Education Center OR Virtual
We are excited to announce the 19th Annual Rotary Peace Conference! The theme this year is “Peace (Re)imagined: Sustaining Justice and Hope for the Future”. Class XIX Rotary Peace Fellows will be presenting their research, sharing examples of justice and hope in peace-making and international development around the world.
This year we will have a hybrid conference. Please register to attend either in person OR virtually. Please only choose one option. Once you have registered, you will receive more information in the weeks leading up to the conference. This information will be specific to your choice of virtual or in-person attendance and will come directly from the Duke-UNC Rotary Peace Center staff.
Masks and social distancing will be required throughout the event for in-person attendees, and we will have coffee, tea, and water available. There will be no food during this conference. Virtual attendees will join us via Zoom. There will be opportunities for questions from our in-person audience as well as virtually through Zoom.
In-person registration will end when we reach our limit of 125.
Meet the Rotary Peace Fellows
- Diana Quintero Giraldo (Colombia): Master in International Development Policy, Duke
- Alaa Hammouda (Palestine): School of Global Public Health, UNC
- Larissa Harari (Brazil): Master in International Development Policy, Duke
- Roei Shaul Hillel (Israel): School of Social Work, UNC
- Nathalia Contreras Pardo (Colombia): Global Studies, UNC
- Diana Campos Quiroz (Peru): Master in International Development Policy, Duke
- Philile Shongwe (Eswatini): Master in International Development Policy, Duke
For more information on this event's schedule, please visit this page for details.