LTAM Major COVID19 Book Fund
The Latin American Studies (LTAM) Major COVID19 Book Fund is available to provide a source of funding for LTAM majors to advance their studies.
• Declared LTAM majors may request a maximum of $250 in the academic year for the purchase of textbooks.
• Reimbursements can be requested for required textbooks in Latin American-content classes only. Applications must include a complete list and receipts of all textbooks.
• Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Submit the completed application form no later than May 1, 2021.
1. Applicants must be enrolled as a full-time LTAM Major at UNC-Chapel Hill.
2. Applicants must have completed at least one semester as an LTAM Major at UNC-Chapel Hill.
3. Applicants must be in good academic standing.
4. Applicants must provide a transcript (unofficial from Connect Carolina will be accepted) with LTAM classes clearly marked. Please note: classes do not have to have an LTAM designation but it must be clear that the course content was focused on Latin America and that the courses count toward the LTAM Major.
5. For priority consideration, applicants may provide a financial aid statement demonstrating need.
If approved, the funds will be credited to the student account. Applicants should ensure that there are no pending fees on their account.